INSIGHTEC is pleased to announce that The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association has made another POSITIVE coverage decision for MR-guided focused ultrasound treatment for medication-refractory Essential Tremor.
As of April 2020, Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association plan – BCBS of Nebraska have updated their coverage policy to include the Neuravive Focused Ultrasound Treatment as a covered benefit!
Coverage is effective for:
- Arkansas BCBS
- BCBS Alabama
- BCBS Federal Employee Plan (FEP)
- BCBS Kansas City: Kansas & Missouri
- BCBS Louisiana
- BCBS Massachusetts
- BCBS Michigan
- BCBS Mississippi
- BCBS Nebraska
- BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS North Dakota
- BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS Western NY
- Blue Cross Idaho
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield Northeastern NY
- Capital Blue – Pennsylvania
- Florida Blue
- HCSC Texas, Oklahoma, Illinois, New Mexico and Montana
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Pennsylvania
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield West Virginia
- Horizon BCBS New Jersey
- Independence BCBS (Pennsylvania) includes Independence BCBS Commercial, Independence BCBS Medicare Advantage Plan, and Amerihealth
- Premera Blue Cross – WA and AK
- Regence BCBS – ID, OR, UT & WA
- Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield – Iowa and South Dakota
This is an exciting step that will give more patients access to the latest incisionless procedure to treat essential tremor.
Please note: It is our understanding that under the Blue Card Network, patients traveling outside of their home state for treatment at a facility providing MRgFUS would be subject to their home plan coverage decision. We recommend confirming coverage determination with your health plan prior to treatment.